Asking for a decision to be reviewed

If you disagree with, or don’t understand, a decision that’s been made, please talk to your Youth Service provider or your local Work and Income office. They’ll be able to explain the decision and put things right if there has been a mistake.

If you still disagree with a decision, you can apply for a formal review. You need to do this within three months of the original decision, unless there's a good reason that you were unable to apply within this time.

To apply for a formal review of a decision, you can complete a Review of Decision form, write a letter, or send an e-mail to your local Work and Income office.